“Helping promote the arts and cultural offer to the outside world, bring visitors to Preston City, articulate cultural identity and communicate this effectively.”
PCP Membership is open to all independent artists and cultural organisations.
Exec Members: Benefits of this form of membership include:-
• attending formal meetings and directly being part of the ongoing conversation that shapes PCP activities/initiatives to support & promote the independent sector in Preston
• raising agenda items towards decision making
• having a vote on decisions, when a vote is needed
• regular opportunity to connect with a diverse group of creative practitioners/organisations from the city
• being invited to exhibit work (individual practitioners only) at social, training and networking events
• receiving newsletters, opportunities (individual practitioners only) and invites to events
• tremendous contentment when Preston is named ‘European City of Culture’
• Must attend bi monthly exec member meetings per year
• Be prepared to get stuck in and take on work on behalf of the partnership
• May be asked to represent on wider partnership and network groups, locally, regionally and nationally
How to become an exec member: If you are interested in joining our exec, please get in touch with Jenny Rutter our Chair for an informal discussion about the opportunities and commitment required. Your nomination will then be put to the current exec and a vote will be taken on your membership.
Connected Partner Members: Benefits of this form of membership include:-
• being an engaged & connected partner (incl. online consultation), while not having to attend meetings
• through attendance at ‘working groups’ you can make recommendations to the executive
• being invited to exhibit work at social, training and networking events
• receiving newsletters, opportunities, production of a 90 sec promotional film of their work/organisation and invites to events
• Actively attend PCP events
• Actively advocate for the sector
• Be prepared to get stuck in and take on work within working groups
How to become a Connected Partner Member: Join our mailing list, and talk to a member of the exec about the commitments. We’ll then add you to our list of connected partner members and let you know about projects and opportunities we like you to get involved with as they arise.
Database Members: Benefits of this form of membership include:-
• receiving newsletters and invites to events
• Being interested in the future of culture and creativity in Preston
How to become a database member: Sign up to our mailing list and like our facebook page and away you go!
If you are interested in finding out more or want to join PCP please fill in the form below and we will get back to you.